View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 07:48 AM   #3
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by polyfragmentiert View Post
I'm pretty new to ebooks in general and EPUB especially,

and wondered how devices, or creators of EPUBs, achieve smoothly justified formatting on-screen?

As far as I know, EPUB's output on the screen is based on XHTML. Browsers at least cannot hyphenate text without external help from scripting libs, so how is it done? Without hyphenation, there are bound to be ugly gaps in-text if there are longish words present in narrower columns, aren't there?
Yes, that's true. But I don't think that external library is a problem, at the end you have a SW running into your reader.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote