View Single Post
Old 12-22-2008, 10:52 AM   #2
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Hello all...

So it's about that time. Lets talk about HOTB. I for one liked this book very much. So much in fact that I went back to read the rest of the Omnibus.

For some reason right away I had a feeling that Stapletons sister wasn't his sister. It was interesting the Holmes decided to camp out on the Moor. It was apparent that Watson is good a sleuthing too having been able to determine this... as good as Holmes is, he couldn't seclude himself 100%.

BOb
I'm sad to say that I missed that. I didn't attempt to try and figure it out at all though.

This was my favorite Holmes story. I got a little creeped out in several parts of the book. I thought it was a very engaging read.

For fans of House, I went into this knowing the show was loosely based on Sherlock Holmes, and was looking for parallels. Holmes' drug addiction wasn't a factor in this book, but I did notice his arrogance. Actually, I felt he was more arrogant in this story than the other ones I read. Did anyone else?
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote