View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 03:50 AM   #1
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Old Thread Handling

The board needs better "Old Thread" handling - the current warning is too easily missed.

Maybe the warning could be in blinking multi-colour 48 point

I think I've seen an 'Are You Sure' pop up appear on other VBulletin boards when Submitting a post to a thread that's older than 'nn days'. My suggestion for 'nn' would be 30 days. You wouldn't want this for forums with 'long running' threads - such as the Calibre Plugins thread.

And/Or threads could be locked if they've been inactive for a while - say 60 days. A feature to create a 'Related Thread' that injected a link to the 'Old Thread' into the post would be useful.

Many VBulletin features can be applied across the entire board or for individual forums. I'm pretty sure that's true for the auto-lock feature, not sure about the old thread Are You Sure pop up.

I'm mainly active in the Calibre Forum, at least one of the mods there - DoctorOhh - supports my ideas.

Thanks & Happy New Year - BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 12-31-2012 at 04:42 AM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote