View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 08:13 AM   #2
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Color Nook; Nook Touch
I have mostly done ebooks by taking the original Word document, saving it as HTML in Word, then converting that with Calibre to give me an epub. Then I rweak the epub with Sigil.

When you do that, Calibre puts a lot of code into the epub. At the very beginning (in the first HTML file inside the epub), it puts a ton of font-face items, many which I delete, but I leave ones I want to use. They look like this:

@font-face {
font-family: Helvetica
}

@font-face {
font-family: Courier New
}

Then in the css file, it puts entries like this:
.MsoBodyText {
border-bottom: 0;
border-top: 0;
display: block;
font-family: "Courier New";
font-size: 1em;
line-height: 1.1;
margin-bottom: 0;
margin-left: 0;
margin-right: -5.75pt;
margin-top: 0;
padding-bottom: 0;
padding-top: 0;
text-align: center
}

If you then use that css definition in the html for a particular page, it will take effect, as long as you do not override it with the font setting on the Nook - i.e. use Publisher Default.

This has worked for me.
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote