View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 07:22 PM   #1
bfollowell
Fanatic
bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook & Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
How can I define the "first" page of an ebook?

What controls the first page that appears when you open a book in an ereader; the starting position?

I create/convert my ebooks using Sigil and do a final conversion to mobi using Calibre for use on my Kindle 3. Typically, the first page/section displayed is the first html file after the cover. However, several, but certainly not all, of my ebooks have started opening at some other page, two or three pages further on than I want. I haven't changed my normal procedure and I'm not aware of any flags or switches to tell which page is the initial or first page.

Is anyone aware of something I could do to insure where an ebook starts the first time it's opened?

Thanks for any assistance.

- Byron
bfollowell is offline   Reply With Quote