Thread: Neo BeBook vs iRex iLiad
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 01:48 AM   #3
Redfox
aka Anne Lyle
Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Thanks, Keng!

How easy is it to un-DRM Mobipocket files? I only have three of them - one I still haven't read but the other two I now own in dead-tree versions*, so it's not a deal-breaker anyway. EDIT Ignore this - I came across MobiDeDRM whilst reading about Calibre, and I don't want to break the forum's rules. I just wish that for once, manufacturers would start with an open standard instead of going down their own little proprietary route

The slower scribble response is a little disappointing - I find even the iRex a bit annoying (especially when it decides not to write any more after I've used the eraser!), but otoh it doesn't have keyboard input, and I'm sure my writer buddies would prefer legible annotations!

I also have to say that I really like the iLiad's page-turning bar; it feels so much like reading a real book. Damn, now I'm having second thoughts about replacing it...

* Bought a secondhand copy of "A Game of Thrones" in paperback so I could more easily flick to the cast list and map whilst reading it; husband bought "Wintersmith" in hardback, lent it and didn't get it back, I bought the ebook 'cos I wanted something light to read, then he bought it again when the paperback came out. Well done, Sir Terry!

Last edited by Redfox; 07-23-2010 at 07:09 AM.
Redfox is offline   Reply With Quote