View Single Post
Old 11-05-2009, 02:00 PM   #10
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Amazon have arrange for international wireless access in an expensive way. But the advantage is that it was very quick to roll out.

In the US they have a bulk arrangement with AT&T for the data from their servers to the Kindles in the US. This is cheap.
This is most lilkey the case. It was reported that Amazon was having a difficult time with negotiations of European telecon companies. This was probably what was causing Amazon to delay it's international solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyZ View Post
I just look at it like this: "Vote with your wallet."

I've been downloading fewer and fewer books from Amazon, and more from other sites. It takes long enough to read a book that having to use a USB cable instead of 3G wireless isn't a big deal.

I've also found that the formatting elsewhere is generally better than Amazon's.
You live in the states right, I don't think the $2+VAT is effecting you? I don't think you would have to download via the USB to avoid charges.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote