Thread: UUID creation?
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 06:56 AM   #10
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
I found it when I was using the firefox plugin ePubReader to read my books. When I added the second book (and the third, fourth, fifth etc.) with a UUID of a book that was already in the catalog, it would delete the first book and replace it with the new one...thinking it was an updated version of the same book.

I haven't had that issue with the limited number of other readers I've tried, but it seems like it could cause a problem.
It ought to be reported as a bug, so that the developer can throw a dialog box in there asking if it is the same and the other should be deleted. It may only be deleted from its own internal index, but still....
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote