Thread: Glo Information
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 01:02 AM   #13
Gergith
Enthusiast
Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post
Does that mean you could potentially put in an sd card in the external slot boosting memory to a total of 64 gigs? Also if you do post the guide thank you very much

Jack
Potentially, but I REALLY wouldn't advise this. I'm just doing this specifically to avoid having any sdcard at all in my external slot.

As it is it adds a bit of noticeable lag, so I wouldn't recommend more. Specifically both boot time and going into sleep mode. Coming out of sleep mode is normal speed oddly. I noticed the boot time is different specifically because it used to take a certain amount of blocks scrolling before hanging at the exact same one and loading to the main screen. Now it scrolls for a few seconds more. But very tolerable.

As for the actual maximum, I'm not certain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
But, what happens tomorrow or next week or next month when you do need to do a factory reset? Will this handle the bigger card? I think it will be OK, but I am curious if anyone has done it.

I think it does work, because I've seen other people post that they do a factory reset to resize the partition to 32gigs, instead of doing it manually. So they skip that step and let the factory restore handle it. But resizing the partition manually allows for retaining your data/stats.

Either way, you'll have the 2gig card to pop back in.

Last edited by Gergith; 03-22-2013 at 01:11 AM.
Gergith is offline   Reply With Quote