View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 01:31 AM   #17
dmon65
Connoisseur
dmon65 will become famous soon enoughdmon65 will become famous soon enoughdmon65 will become famous soon enoughdmon65 will become famous soon enoughdmon65 will become famous soon enoughdmon65 will become famous soon enough

Device: SmartQ7, a 1st gen Nook and a Kobo Glo and Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The Kobo devices can be fussy about epubs and reject some that other devices read OK. If this happens when you add several books, any that should have been processed and added to the devices library after this book, are ignored. I suspect that is what happened.

But, and this just occurred to me, it might have been the apostrophe. If it was a single quote from the keyboard, it should be OK. But if it was a "real" apostrophe, it might cause problems. I think calibre would escape it in the file name, but the device could have a problem reading the metadata. Actually...

I just checked my copy of Ender's Game. The apostrophe isn't a simple single quote. Calibre changed this when writing the file. My Touch had no issues with it and there is a nice curly quote in the library list.

All that say the apostrophe should be OK so maybe there is some other problem with the book.
Thanks again for the info!

I think it must have been a cavalcade of coincidences. After manually modifying the name and having things work I just assumed... I know better than that.

I'll be checking this out by putting the apostrophe's back and seeing what happens now. More to come.

Scratch the firmware request for the apostrophe fix.
dmon65 is offline   Reply With Quote