View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 11:42 PM   #55
dkperez
Groupie
dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nine
Ignoring rare, out-of-print, and other special cases, which I suspect will always have people "pirate", I believe the best way to reduce piracy is to make it so simple, economical, and ubiquitous to get legitimate copies that it isn't worth the effort to pirate an e-book...

If a person can find what they're after at B&N for $0.99 or at most $2.99, I'm unlikely to do the work to find a pirate copy 'cause it's not worth the effort...

Keep charging $10, $12, or $14 for a popular ebook that's already made money as a hardcover and more money as a paperback (doesn't matter whether it's true or not, we're talking the PERCEPTION of having made money), and on which he/she can't recoup a portion of their investment by selling it to Half Price Books, and piracy will continue to burgeon and increase in popularity.
dkperez is offline   Reply With Quote