View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011, 04:33 AM   #7
JimStar
Enthusiast
JimStar rocks like Gibraltar!JimStar rocks like Gibraltar!JimStar rocks like Gibraltar!JimStar rocks like Gibraltar!JimStar rocks like Gibraltar!JimStar rocks like Gibraltar!JimStar rocks like Gibraltar!JimStar rocks like Gibraltar!JimStar rocks like Gibraltar!JimStar rocks like Gibraltar!JimStar rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kyobo eReader, Sony PRS-950, PocketBook Pro 902, PocketBook 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinj View Post
Very nice! If you can use it comfortably with just English I might be ready to import one.
Not very comfortable - it is custom restricted Android, the Home app is replaced with Kyobo store app, and application installing is denied. I think I'll try to unlock and root it to install apps, or I will try to install a plain Android - but not now, I have no time, very busy with my work...

One thing that is really BAD at the time in comparison with "eInk Pearl" - Mirasol has a LOT darker background without backlight. The photo does not convey it well - when I see with my eyes, the difference is better visible... The Mirasol background is rather "dark grey" without backlight, and "eInk Pearl" is almost white. So, in low light - I read Sony VERY comfortable, as the paper, but reading Mirasol in low light without backlight enabled - is very uncomfortable and I need to strain my eyes...
I hope that Mirasol will beat this problem in newer versions of displays, as it did eInk (that were dark too in first versions)...

Sorry my English...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	529
Size:	1,013.1 KB
ID:	80087  

Last edited by JimStar; 12-18-2011 at 04:39 AM.
JimStar is offline   Reply With Quote