View Single Post
Old 11-13-2011, 07:23 AM   #5
jojoba
Addict
jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad 3gen, Cybook Odyssey FL HD
Thanks everyone, those app recommendations are very helpful.

VicLavigne, I mean edit as well as read. I'm looking for
- something that displays pdf-s with either large enough font or no kind of reflow issues (I want to be able to just load the docs and read, not have to convert or redo or anything like that)
- something I can insert 'post it' style notes, underline, highlight and do 'hand writing' on
- something that let's me copy and paste from pdf-s to some kind of note pad application
- something that let's me look up references in pdf docs on the net (which I guess any tablet would do)

It's for academic purposes, basically. Yesterday I started looking at used ipad1s, some of them are selling quite cheaply now because people are upgrading them (I don't think I'd need an ipad2 for my purposes?).

Yes, I have also been wondering whether a laptop is just the best alternative, but I'd like something that is a bit more portable and which would also allow for hand written notes on a notepad when e.g. I do field work.
jojoba is offline   Reply With Quote