Thread: Development PocketEdge Experience so far
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 10:07 AM   #6
alex_edge
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyminot View Post
corvettejoe -
My main complaint is the buggy e-ink software. I'd love to be able to read and annotate PDFs on the e-ink side, but it's basically impossible; if you switch to landscape mode, the reader disables the annotation features. In addition, you can only highlight whole blocks of text. Finally, even if you could read in portrait mode, the reader seems to clear your annotations anytime you attempt to scroll down the page. Maybe some experienced users have some better advice.
Yes, it's true that you can't annotate in landscape mode. But the other problems youi've mentioned have me scratching my head. What do you mean you can only highlight whole blocks of text? Using the highlight tool, you can highlight a single word if you'd like. Using the pencil tool you can underline, circle, star, write margin notes. You can select the thickness of the pencil line, and you can even select various colors, which will only display when opened on a color screen. Annotations disappear when you turn the annotation feature off (in the upper nav bar), but otherwise do not disappear. You also can't change zoom levels once you've begun annotating. I have never lost annotations when scrolling between pages, so I can't speak to that--but that certainly is not a *normal* occurrence.