View Single Post
Old 06-21-2007, 11:39 AM   #85
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
I second the recommendation of Brust. Phoenix Guards and the books that go with it are different from his Vlad Taltos books, though-- they are a deliberate attempt to simulate the style (and to some extent, the content) of the works of Alexandre Dumas. The Taltos books are written in a more contemporary style, a bit like Zelazny on his good days, I'd say. I liked both. Lots. (I'm currently re-reading my Brust collection.) I have not been able to find any of them in "legal" ebook format, however (and I have not been able to find Phoenix Guards and its sequels in ebook form at all, so if anyone else has, please let me know).

Brust is on LiveJournal here: http://skzbrust.livejournal.com/ and his comments about writing are almost as much fun as the books themselves.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote