View Single Post
Old 04-21-2006, 08:52 AM   #30
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexico
If I do actually buy one f these it would be the Iliad -- I'd mostly be using it for reading scientific papers from PDF files, and from experiment/experience 800x600 just isn't enough resolution for the typical font size.
Ditto. My concern however is the limited support for PDF files. Especially when you take scientific documents, a proper formatting is often important, if not obligatory. PDF capabilities of the iLiad appear to be more of a rudimentary kind; with bad luck you won't have a better experience on the 1024x768 screen than on the smaller Sony Reader screen.

Btw, I voted for Sony Reader because I cannot afford the iLiad.
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote