View Single Post
Old 05-12-2008, 07:05 PM   #13
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
OH I could see Amazon revoking wireless privileges from someone who has hacked their Kindle

Quote:
Originally Posted by aludal View Post
I don't see how Amazon could even think of pulling access to its own titles out of ALL Kindle users. Sounds like seppuku/harakiri to me.Though yes, I can imagine that some diehard bandwidth hogs might be capped, I admit.

I also doubt that Amazon paid any "real" money to any EVDO provider, or roaming service. In Googlespeak, some AdCents changed hands almost invisibly, that's all. All you could see would be an unusual high rank/placement of Sprint spam in your Amazon search results. Click on these once a day, and you've paid for everything including those occasional cell phone calls via your hacked Kindle.

Though yes, I might be wrong on OLED still. It was a promising energy efficient hi-res display technology for handhelds in 2000 or 2001. Pity it didn't evolve. Though I've heard they learn how to vacuum, harden and seal those panels to last 50K+ hours in TVs.

On the other hand, do you have better color hi-res alternatives for Kindle 2.0? Please share. I'm sure some Kindle developers browse these forums, they might be interested. That eInk stuff, how many grey levels is it potentially capable of?
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote