View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 01:00 PM   #7
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebusinesstutor View Post
Someone in another post mentioned 24 Symbols, an ebook subscription service. When you go to the web site, you are forced to create a free account before you do ANYTHING.

You can't peruse the book listings to see what authors are there or what genres. You can't find out how the site works or what it is offering or what the price is.

What a crappy web site. Sites like Amazon, eBay and Netflix let you browse in detail and only force a signup when you find something you like.

I would never join a service with this kind of signup page. I design web sites for a living and this is one of the worst I have seen.
I'm not sure I would use Netflix as an example. I just tried to browse their selection, and it is either extremely limited, or you need to log in to see anything useful.

Even Amazon could use some work. I was interested in what was available in the lending library, and no way to see the full catalog without buying (never mind "just logging in") a Kindle (or so I was told by support).
John F is offline   Reply With Quote