View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 03:45 PM   #17
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by joehunt View Post
You neglected to mention that if you no longer have the credit card used to purchase the book you cannot access it. I've lost the ability to access several ebooks due to changing credit cards.

I will never again purchase a book with DRM tied into my credit card info. Thankfully with Amazon I only need my email address.
You do not need the actual credit card, just the credit card number and name. The ebook file is just a password protected file. After downloading the ebook there is no connection to the actual credit card.
The only thing you need to do it write down the credit card number and name somewhere.

As for Amazon. Your Kindle ebooks are tied to the hardware of your ereader. Without Amazon's DRM server you will not be able to read your ebooks on any other ereader than the one you downloaded the books to. With B&N's DRM I can just copy my ebooks as many times as like, to as many devices as I like, without having to depend on an DRM-server being available to allow me to do this.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote