View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 11:29 AM   #20
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
I wonder what we are supposed to be gaining from analysing books in that way in the first place. All I got from it, in my opinion, was a few grades I was able to put towards something else. I don't feel that I really learned anything or gained any skills. Don't teach it at all. Certainly not to uninterested teenagers.

The slightly weird exception is poetry. I don't read poetry now, and I hated it while I was studying it, but the poetry I studied at school is the only poetry I know, and I now think of it much more fondly.

Does that mean that the only people who actually like the books they were taught in school are the ones who don't read for pleasure?
DrNefario is online now   Reply With Quote