View Single Post
Old 08-14-2011, 07:32 PM   #3
khmann
Enthusiast
khmann once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.khmann once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.khmann once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.khmann once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.khmann once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.khmann once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.khmann once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.khmann once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.khmann once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.khmann once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.khmann once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: b006
wancontrol;
wanon/wanoff makes it "appear/disappear", load/unload module.
pppstart/pppkill...

all the stuff seems to live in /var/local/wan and /opt/wan, with a few ppp scripts in /etc/ppp. I don't actually have an Anydata module in my unit at the moment to look at, but when I had looked at it, I got the idea there was a firmware download necessary... but regardless the wancontrol takes care of all that.

I am unsure exactly how the Internet "connect" gets triggered, but I think the Kindle really tries to avoid using the 3G, /etc/init.d/wand was always unloading the #$%'n module when I was on WiFi.
khmann is offline   Reply With Quote