View Single Post
Old 03-13-2011, 01:47 PM   #1
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Setting Time on the Kindle

I have a Kindle 3 with both wi-fi and 3G, but I don't have a wi-fi connection at my home, so I normally use 3G only. I have it set so that my Kindle sets the Device Time automatically via 3G.

I was surprised that the time was automatically updated on my Kindle this morning, after the change to Daylight Saving Time, as my 3G connection was not on overnight or this morning.

Pressing the Menu button from any Kindle screen will display the device time at the top of the screen. For those who need to set their time manually, here's how to do it (instructions taken from the "Amazon Kindle User's Guide"):
  • Begin at the Home screen.
  • Press the Menu button.
  • Move the 5-way to underline "Settings" and press to select.
  • Press Next Page to go to Page 2 of Settings.
  • Move the 5-way to underline "set" (Kindle Wi-Fi models) or "set manually" (Kindle 3G+Wi-Fi models) next to the "Device Time" setting and press to select.
  • Use the 5-way controller to adjust the hour, minutes, and am/pm setting.
  • Navigate to "save" and press to select.
On Kindle models that include 3G, you can have Kindle automatically set the device time to the correct local time by choosing "set automatically" on the second page of the Settings section. Also, on Kindle models that include 3G, after you set the time manually, you can select "edit" to change the device time.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote