View Single Post
Old 01-27-2011, 05:57 PM   #297
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme View Post
Rereading the intro pointed out the ability to customise plugins - so I think I'll take a look at that as a replacement for the tweaks code I used to allow changes in my collections plugin.
Yeah, can't recomment doing this highly enough - well now that I know "how" which I didn't originally. Apart from the user friendliness factor it also means you don't have to restart Calibre every time the user makes a configuration change.

At least now you have plenty of examples from my plugins of what you need to do, I was fumbling in the dark. If people want it I may add a post of some "development tips" to the Introduction sticky covering topics like this. There is a lot I have learnt from trial and error and bugging Kovid/chaley etc that others may find helpful covering things like embedded resources, splitting the code, site customization vs configuration dialogs etc. Or you can just look at the "net result" in a plugin like "Search the Internet" of course...

Last edited by kiwidude; 01-27-2011 at 06:01 PM.