View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 07:03 AM   #64
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by icarine View Post
This is a really cool feature! Is there anyway to allow wider icons though?

I had an idea for using these custom icons to implement half-star ratings, by using different images of each star rating. But when I tried it, the icons got shrunk down so I could barely see the stars.

This would just be a really nice way to do custom half-star ratings. I'm using a custom float column now, but the numbers don't have the same immediate visual impact that seeing the stars do.
Currently, no, all images are forced into a square icon-sized bounding box. However ...

The next release (it is available in source now) will display an image non-square if the image's width is more than 1.5 times the image's height. The bounding box will be (row_height by min(image_width, 128)). If the image width is more than 128 it will be resized to 128, preserving aspect ratio. If after resizing the image height is more than row height it will be center-clipped.

Why these rules? To preserve existing behavior while allowing what you trying to do.

This should work for you as you are clearly prepared to make the images. Assuming 1/2 stars you would need 11 images, 1 for empty and one for each 1/2 star increment; and 11 rules to select the correct image. My guess is that the images should have a height of around 20 to 24 pixels, but you should experiment a bit to find the best shape for your display.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote