View Single Post
Old 05-23-2011, 11:05 AM   #180
jshzh
Addict
jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Pocketbook 602 Pro, Kobo Aura HD, LG G Pad III
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmac View Post
I've had my 360 for months now and I'm in the same boat. I keep coming back to this post, reading through all the pages, trying to figure out how to switch the default Eng-Rus translator to an English dictionary. I've downloaded the converter and dictionary files from the PB website multiple times with no success at actually getting an English dictionary, and end up deleting everything from my computer. I obviously am also a user without technical knowledge!

Finally I gave up and decided I just wanted to read books. And I can download and transfer them just fine, so that's what I do. My good old Merriam-Webster with the duct tape on the spine still serves its purpose.

I have learned A LOT from reading this forum, and there are many helpful people here, thank you so much! Overall, however, owning the 360 has, for me, been a very frustrating experience.

You don't need technical knowledge to install a dictionary. I am not a computer person but I did it. So can you.
1) There are many dictionaries in .dic format that you can download. No need to convert one, especially English dictionaries, provided you don't think about copy-right issues too much.
2) Drag the dictionaries to the dictionary folder on PB
3) Open a book, click the button you use for dictionary, a window will pop up.
4) One icon on the top of the pop-up window is for changing default dictionary settings. Click that icon and choose your dictionary from the list.
Hope it helps.
jshzh is offline   Reply With Quote