View Single Post
Old 05-21-2011, 01:15 PM   #173
Tvar
Tvar began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 903
Hi, I'm having some problems with the collates and morphemes files and hope someone will be able to shed some light on this issue. One of the problems is similar to that of Galina earlier in the thread, viz. the missing symbols in Longman. I noticed in an English dictionary that ʊ was replaced by a square and therefore I added an ʊ after Ʊ in the "U" line of the collates.txt file and recompiled the .dic-file, but that didn't help. Does anyone know why?

I also have some problems, more annoying ones, with Finnish and German. The last two letters of the Finnish alphabet are ä and ö. So I removed those from the A and O lines and added two new lines at the end of the file containing "ä=Ä" and "ö=Ö", thinking that it would take care of things. But it didn't.

In German ä, ö and ü are not separate letters but considered variants of a, o and u, so they should be in the A, O and U lines. Fine, they are.

But when I try to look up words containing these letters, both in German and in Finnish, these letters are considered separate words when I try to mark them with the stylus, which makes it quite troublesome to look up words like ääni.

Does anyone know how to solve this?
Tvar is offline   Reply With Quote