View Single Post
Old 04-22-2011, 08:57 AM   #12
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
I have a single-core system, and as long as I run the calibre-parallel at Low priority my system hardly notices that a conversion is running. I am running windows 7 Pro as the OS rather than XP, so I guess that might make a difference.

I guess another variable might be RAM - if that got low it could push the system into excessive paging. I have 2GB on the system in question, so that is far more than Calibre ever wants to use.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote