View Single Post
Old 01-01-2014, 02:10 PM   #13
tempest@de
Fanatic
tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, kindle
Happy new Year!

Although I don’t write much I always read this thread, I discovered a lot off good books from your recommendations and got some good deals, and I enjoy reading the discussions.

I’ve just looked to my list off books from the last year, it’s something I do every year and was astounded with the amount off books I have read this year, it was my record to this date, this was because I now carry my glo everywere, and I buy more books than ever before, I found some good deals and the kobo coupons allowed me to spend less for each book so I bought more books.

Looking to my list to see which book I would recommend was hard, I read so many good books this year, looking back there are some that I enjoyed but I think that if I reared them now I wouldn’t love them so much, I think they were memorable in that moment. The one book that I would like to reared is in my list from 2012, Maya Banks Whispers in the dark, the 3rd book from the KGI series, It’s actually kind of strange that I loved it so much because the heroin is psychic and I usually don’t like paranormal / psychic histories but I loved this one. I’m anxiously waiting for the next one in this series.

This year I read a lot off m/m romance, sometimes I get bored off all the emotional drama from the f/m romances, so when I still want a romance I read an m/m romance. Don’t get me wrong the heroes also have their issues but usually the author doesn’t describe them several times, or goes on describing the feelings for several pages in a row, there is less drama.

In the December thread ScalyFreak mentioned several authors, (I love kaje harper’s books) some off them I didn’t know but just added them to my list off books to look, thank’s. I just wanted to point some author’s that I enjoyed, maybe you would like some off them.

- Con Riley (Seattle stories)
- KC Burn (mainly the Toronto Tales series)
- K.A. Mitchell
- Mary Calmes has two series that focus on a couple I enjoyed seeing what happens after they get together, after all that is not the end but the beginning off a love story.
A Matter of Time is my favorite, mainly because it’s more fun, Jory is a bit of a klutz and ends in some troubles. The book is in first person, maybe some people don’t like it.
Timing also is about another couple.
she as several stand alones and some paranormal series.

Last edited by tempest@de; 01-01-2014 at 02:13 PM.
tempest@de is offline   Reply With Quote