View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 04:22 PM   #24
Crowl
Wizard
Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, PW Signature edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatNY View Post
But people can and do make calls on 7" tablets which is why I think they include them in their category.

Even if you want to exclude 7" tablets, and just consider phablets using the narrower definition, I think the story and conclusions would be pretty much the same.
You should exclude 7" tablets as they are clearly a distinct category in their own right and the threshold for a phablet should be higher than 4.5" which is basically mainstream now.

Probably the area that should be considered should be the 5" to 6" range of devices that are still primarily considered to be phones and in that area I would expect that the growth might even be higher due to the simple fact that it was previously only a niche option and now more and more companies are looking at it as an obvious part of their portfolio.

It is too soon to draw any real conclusions about any trends relating to that size with the only real conclusion that can be made is that there is a market for that size device and even that one is tempered by the fact that few companies are giving people the option of buying a phone with higher end components without it also have an ever bigger display.
Crowl is offline   Reply With Quote