View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 12:38 PM   #14289
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
...I am currently reading Hal Spacejock and hope it lives up to some of the hype I have seen where it is compared favorably to the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy and Red Dwarf. So far it hasn't, but I will finish it.
I love the entire Spacejock series, but to compare it to THHGTTG is to compare apples and meteorites. Both contain sharp and witty exchanges between the main characters, but The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is more firmly based in speculative science-fiction with smatterings of popular philosophy thrown into the mix while the Spacejock series is more slapstick and draws on the get-rich-quick schemes of its main character to drive the story forward.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote