View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 07:42 PM   #23
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quexos View Post
is it okay to keep one's wedding ring around one's neck on a necklace.
I mean is that appropriate ? Because I've been thinking of the practical advantages: Not to have the bother in one's finger if one is not used to wear stuff there, not risking losing it somehow, ring always with you which in the end stays in line with the symbolism of having the ring ...
The only case I'd not consider it improper would be when one's widowed. Meaning: No longer bound, but still attached to.

"Not to have the bother (...) if one is not used to" is IMO a somehow insulting argument. If an other characteristic of being married temporarily bothers you, do you sweep it aside with equal easiness?
One rule goes for both the symbol and the bond itself: get used to, care of and pay attention. Or don't do it at all
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote