View Single Post
Old 12-24-2010, 07:05 AM   #6
Fastolfe
Bookworm
Fastolfe makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneFastolfe makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneFastolfe makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneFastolfe makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneFastolfe makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneFastolfe makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneFastolfe makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneFastolfe makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneFastolfe makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneFastolfe makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneFastolfe makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr ploppy View Post
I think the paper used for books is affected more by financial considerations than ergonomic design. The cheaper the paper, the less white it will be.
Not too sure about that. I'd agree in the case of soft covers and cheap Harlequins, but most hardcovers I have are quite expensive, the paper they're made of doesn't look cheap, and the off-white background color seems very even and doesn't yellow with age as cheap books do. I mean, for the price these books are sold for, surely if they wanted them whiter, they could have afforded an extra bucket of chlorine in the pulp vat.
Fastolfe is offline   Reply With Quote