View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 05:04 PM   #15
rumplestiltskin
Connoisseur
rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: FireHD8, iPad
Now I'm really torn again...
I was just shopping down at BestBuy for some Mac adapters and stumbled across the color Nook. The screen is an inch (maybe more?) taller than the 650 so more text (of a given size) can fit. The user interface is simple to configure font, size, margins (very much like the iPad). Apparently, it can be "rooted" to expose the Android OS underpinning the BN user eReader interface. The back-lit LCD is razor-sharp and the backlighting may be controlled precisely. BestBuy has it for $249 and the left-over iPads are $399. So why should I spend $150 more on an iPad if I can get a color Nook which will open all of my non-DRM'd ePubs, pdf's, etc.?

Hey! I bleed in six colors but I'm having trouble being an Apple fan-boy (especially when the extra $150 will help me buy a 15" Macbook Pro rather than the 13").

I'm confused and it's getting worse...
rumplestiltskin is offline   Reply With Quote