View Single Post
Old 03-23-2014, 09:48 PM   #9
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I stand 'sorta ' corrected.
It won't let you set the Blank space by using the Paragraphs top/bottom Margins, but rather inserts:[CODE]<p class="calibre#">[& nbsp;</p>/CODE] valid but offends my sense of elegant
None of my books have any blank spaces as described

<p class="calibre#">& nbsp;</p>

inserted by calibre. All of my blank spaces between paragraphs are by calibre adding .3em to the top and bottom margins in the CSS. If the original book has those I remove them with Delete blank lines between paragraphs in heuristics.

Quote:
You can only use/set Indent (greyed out otherwise) if you tick the remove spacing between paragraphs option
Right in cases where The book needs help I check both Remove spacing/Indent and Insert blank line. In those cases I also check Ensure scenes breaks are consistently formatted.

The point being you can set indents and top and bottom margins using calibre. Simply check both items. The indent will happen first then the margins added. This doesn't mean it is the best way to do it, but it does not act as you think.

Quote:
I have a standard paragraph Margin (clip) that I edit into the CSS for normal paragraphs
Code:
margin: .5em 0 0 0;
When I just wish to add a blank space I do this as well.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 03-23-2014 at 09:51 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote