View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 01:18 PM   #90
euro traveler
Connoisseur
euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Nook STR, Kobo Mini, TrekStor Pyrus Mini, Nook HD & HD+
Battery life

Since I use Calibre, I'm not worried about getting TrekStor's eReader Suite installed. But I am concerned about my new Mini having given me a low battery warning twice now, in less than a week of initial use. The first time I thought it was because I hadn't charged it fully, but it did it again yesterday after fully charging it two days earlier and only using it about 10 minutes since charging.

After the first warning, I went into the power settings and disabled autoshutdown and set the go to sleep time at 15 minutes.
I didn't think having it on standby (rather than off) would drain the battery much.
I recharged it yesterday and re-enabled the autoshutdown, setting it at an hour. I'll see how it does this week. My Sony PRS-350, Kobo Mini, and Nook STR all had long battery life right out of their boxes, and they will all go several weeks before getting low.

Battery Update 4 March 2013 Since changing the power settings to have the Mini Standy after 5 minutes and Shutdown after 1 hour, my Mini seems to be holding a charge well. I recharged it seven days ago and it stills shows a full battery after some light reading each day.

Last edited by euro traveler; 03-04-2013 at 11:18 AM. Reason: updated info
euro traveler is offline   Reply With Quote