View Single Post
Old 05-29-2010, 09:28 PM   #4
Fotoman
Groupie
Fotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it is

Device: iPad 64GB wifi (Sony 505 RIP)
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
I thought so.
But strange enough - I've had the places option once in iPhoto on iPad, without changing a single thing.
And my friend just copies her photos via camera connection kit from iPhone to iPad. She never has the faces option, but permanently places...
I think faces works a bit different than places. Both will appear if you sync with the latest iPhoto but places alone can appear if you sync geotagged photos through iTunes or the camera connector but will disappear if you sync with an older version of iPhoto. It's as if the iPad can handle the places by itself but it defers to the capabilities of the iPhoto it syncs with.

The iPad user guide sort of explains this but not very well:
Photos organizes collections by Albums, Events, Faces, and Places. Places uses the location information encoded within each photo, and not all photos may have this information. Events and Faces must first be configured in iPhoto or Aperture on a Mac, then synced to iPad.

Last edited by Fotoman; 05-29-2010 at 09:33 PM.
Fotoman is offline   Reply With Quote