View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 05:06 PM   #70
no.guru
Crazy like a
no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeshadow View Post
^ This

And that's the point. A lot of us simply don't wont to license a copy of a book but buy one.
Purely speculation on my part, but it's likely with ebooks that publishers would move to the pay per play model, as is done with movies - if they could get away with it.

Every time I opened a book I would be charged for reading it. Or maybe I could, in effect, purchase a subscription to, say, The Grapes of Wrath.

This isn't a prediction and I doubt it will happen. What I don't doubt is that publishers would be perfectly happy with this or a similar arrangement. Incrementally, it's the direction they're moving.
no.guru is offline   Reply With Quote