View Single Post
Old 10-07-2011, 05:48 PM   #13
David58117
Groupie
David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, K4NT (To Wife), Nook ST, NSTG
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I agree with you entirely. What I'm saying is that these are differences you'll find between individual eInk panels - they are not down to differences in reader brands. If you bought three different Kindles, you'd be as likely to see the same differences between them as you would between a Kindle, a Nook, and a Sony.
I think that's true to an extent. I get the impression different companies use different grades of panels which result in the differences. Perhaps along the life of the product some may have changed grades (like reports of kindle 3s looking different. Mine was a month old and looked spectacular, creamish). Ive never seen a white nook st, atleast as white as the Sony t1s. I think generalities can be drawn - such as t1 being generally whiter than nook, nook appearing greyish, so I think saying individual differences can result in brand appearance crossing is a little far fetched. I believe its more variations on a theme...ie, nook will be greyish than the others, some individual units maybe more or less, but never as white as the t1 or cream as newer kindle 3 - assuming production stays the same.

But I'm not involved in the process, so what do I know. I really can't believe I'm discussing this online, however.
David58117 is offline   Reply With Quote