View Single Post
Old 08-08-2015, 08:46 AM   #1
jamesrpgers
jamesrpgers began at the beginning.

Device: none
J. Clayton Rogers Introducing Myself

This is my first forum and I'm still learning the ropes. My name is J. Clayton Rogers (Jim) and I'm relatively new to the world of ebooks. My wife bought me a smart phone which I viewed with disdain until I discovered reading apps. Amazing! I still like to sit down with a 'real' book--a good thing, since I have 10,000 of them on my groaning shelves...and I still visit the local library. I'll read just about anything, although I've given up on The Divine Comedy after my 4th attempt. I was gratified to learn that H.L. Mencken didn't think much of Dante, although I probably should not use him as my guide in such matters. Currently reading Tom Holland's history of the Late Middle Ages, but also love SF, mysteries, popular science and biographies. Best novelist ever is Dickens. Or maybe Balzac. I have 3 cats (down from 24!), a pleasant house in the city and a French wife who is a most excellent cook. She is also a reader. She introduced me to Iris Murdoch, Anita Brookner and Barbara Pym, all of whom I love. Right now she is trying to get me to read Richard Rodriguez. I'm 3 years from retirement and am looking forward to being able to read all day!

Last edited by jamesrpgers; 08-08-2015 at 08:51 AM. Reason: Grammar error
jamesrpgers is offline   Reply With Quote