View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 04:18 PM   #13
Oxford-eBooks
Zealot
Oxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Loads!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Yes. *That* is why FBreader is the preferred reading app; to present the book the way the user desires.

ADE is for folks that prefer the publisher's presentation or have no choice because of DRM. For your purposes, you probably should be evaluating the adobe reader app instead.
Oh, ok - thanks.

Where do I get the Adobe Reader APP from? It wasn't obvious from any of the GreenReader sites.

I'm curious though as to why the FB reader would override something as basic as centering. Traditionally, things like the indicia are centered. I had a book that had the chapter name nicely centred between some ornate victorian twiddles - but with the formatting overriden it just looks horrible, and even the indicia looks bad. I'm worried that this might look unprofessional to readers who just take the Pocketbook out of the box and start reading without hunting down all kinds of updates.

I've not tried the Pocketbook with any other formats, just ePUB but with that being the predominant format at the moment, I don't see much reason to try anything else - it's what my customers are asking for and I'm not going to be able to add this reader to the list of my verified devices if their books just look nasty.
Oxford-eBooks is offline   Reply With Quote