Thread: Oh, The Irony!!
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 01:03 PM   #12
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
How come (at least here in the UK) all men in adverts are portrayed as, well, basically, morons (whilst all women are, of course, intelligent, empowered and capable)?
That trend is alive and well on this side of the Atlantic, too. It's actually ticked me off at times... it's like a "payback" reaction to all the women portrayed as "dumb blondes," sexual manipulators, etc. (As far as the media is concerned, 2 wrongs always make a right.) And when added to my overweight (but not obese) status, it can make for frustrating personal moments.

But mostly, I just roll my eyes and try not to trip in public.

The PETA ad: Pretty shameless. But that's PETA all over. They like to emotionally abuse people the way animals have been physically and emotionally abused, which actually makes some sense... they also subscribe to the "2 wrongs" rule. Unfortunately, they don't understand how to make that wonderfully ironic strategy clear, so it just comes off as clumsy and stupid, a lot of pointless grandstanding and PR stunts.

Mostly, I just roll my eyes and try not to trip over one of them in public.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote