Thread: Onyx firefly
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 06:26 PM   #13
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I would like to hear from other Firefly users regarding italics. I use the Cool Reader app that came on the device, and I use a side loaded font. Why do italics work where they should in some books but not in others? Is there some coding in an epub that might interfere with the italics working?

Oh and the exact same epub will show italics correctly on other ereaders.

So I put the same book on in mobi format, and the italics work.....

But I still take issue with the text layout not appearing the way it should, deleting all spaces, even the ones at the chapter break.

Is there an ideal format for the Firefly? If i can't find a better way to display text, I'm going to sell it.

Last edited by booklover6; 08-23-2013 at 06:39 AM.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote