Thread: PRS-505 Bad screen (half shifted)
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 10:10 AM   #2
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Sadly that's a broken screen (or broken substrate on the screen). Which can't be fixed. If you like the 5" format, I would suggest you look at getting a used PRS-350 from ebay. I've recently bought a few for spare parts for $35 and $45 and they were perfect in every way, no scratches on the screen at all, one with a decent cover. There are a few for sale with very nice covers that alone were $30, so getting the reader and a cover like that for $50 is a decent deal even used. I'd just recommend emailing the seller first to verify the screen is scratch-free.

You can also still find a few new ones around too, but those will be usually be over $100.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote