View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 10:25 AM   #69
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbjb View Post
I assume you agree that there are a great many facts about any company which, if known, would significantly affect stock price. I assume you also agree that knowledge of many of these would give advantage to a competitor.

A expectation that incorrect rumours will be denied gives a competitor the ability to go fishing for such facts, and the ability (through absence of denial) to infer which of those facts are true.
Completely but this makes me think of a short story by Asimov Evidence.

Now back to the usual rumors and speculations.