View Single Post
Old 07-21-2012, 05:33 PM   #2
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
I'm fine with almost anything winning this month, but my top picks in order are -

A Question of Upbringing (sounds great and is short)
A Visit from the Goon Squad (sounds really interesting)
The Shadow of the Wind (sounds really interesting)
Blood Meridian (I loved The Road)
The Lightning Thief (I love Harry Potter and like good YA, so...)
Another Roadside Attraction (sounds interesting, written in 70s)

I've already read Wool - actually I just finished reading it very recently - and I didn't think it was all that great, but I wouldn't terribly mind it winning since that'd be one less to worry about having to read for my 2012 reading challenge (part of it is reading every selection in the book clubs this year). Wool 1, which is only about 50 pages, is actually a very good short sci-fi story, but Wools 2-5 in my opinion don't really live up to it and they take up the rest of the 450 or so pages.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote