View Single Post
Old 07-08-2012, 12:53 AM   #8
Harper Kingsley
Clone Trooper
Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I was hoping that maybe someone out there had created some all-in-one program I could use. Just plug my .doc in there, choose my output (6x9), then click where I want page numbers, etc. And based on the number of pages, it figures out the spine for the cover and I could just load whatever image into the preset template, and out would pop two PDFs I could load to CreateSpace.

As it is, I write in Scrivener and have to copy paste to get my text into LibreOffice, otherwise it gets rid of any spaces between paragraphs when I export :/ Then once in LibreOffice I start adding page numbers and stuff, but it does some weird thing there where I can export it as a PDF/A with header info, yet when I close the .doc file and come back later all the headers are gone So I basically have to do all my formatting at one time without closing the program and make my PDF there.

And for some reason, LibreOffice holds onto all these Converts, so I can't just be like "Select All" and change the font or add headers or whatever. Maybe I just need a better word processing program.

I'm also a terrible cover creator when it comes to figuring spines and everything, so I end up using CreateSpace's cover creator, but it doesn't give me a lot of freedom.

Idk, whatever it is I'm doing, I seem to be doing it wrong :/
Harper Kingsley is offline   Reply With Quote