Thread: PRS-900 Daily Reader with Ubuntu?
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 10:06 PM   #24
tulsa
Zealot
tulsa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tulsa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tulsa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tulsa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tulsa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2, Sony PRS 900
Where are the epubs stored?

Well, I have to admit I'm really liking this thing. At first I thought there would be a glare problem on the screen's surface that would distract me from reading, but it turned out not to be so bad. I'm just used to the K2's virtually glare-free surface, I guess.

Calibre transferred my epubs flawlessly.

Ubuntu also puts two icons on my desktop when the reader is plugged in:
One called LAUNCHER, which looks to contain installation software for the Sony software. The other icon is called READER, which contains four folders:
database, Digital Editions, Documents, and tmp.
I would have though all my epubs that Calibre transferred would be in "Documents." But the only thing in there is the user manual. I tried show hidden files, but still no joy.

I may want to drag and drop sometimes. Does anybody know where Calibre put the epubs into the reader? For whatever reason, I may want/need to drag and drop files into the folder.
tulsa is offline   Reply With Quote