View Single Post
Old 07-14-2013, 06:33 AM   #72
jbjb
Somewhat clueless
jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPhone 6 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
A proper copyright tax...
I see what you mean, now - your suggestion involves taxing the *extension* of copyrights, not the initial free period. That seems to answer the objections I raised.

I wouldn't really have thought of that as a "tax", more as a fee for extending copyrights, but that's just quibbling over the wording - I like your idea.

It would have to be carefully thought through, however - it feels like there might be a lot of opportunity for devious tax avoidance!

/JB
jbjb is offline   Reply With Quote