View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 03:35 AM   #17
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Here in Sydney we have a train reading culture - as in sitting on the train and reading, be it on the way to work or school.

There are over 1 million train travellers each weekday and it's unusual not to see at least 75% of each double decker carriage full of people reading.

All devices are immediately obvious - ereaders, tablets, lap tops, mp3 players. newspapers, magazines and books.

I included mp3 players because people are often listening and reading using another device.

Cafe culture in Sydney isn't a real linger longer style, but for the duration of a stay it's not unusual to see people reading via one device or another or the paper or magazine.

I suppose you could say that Australians are heavy consumers of any and all technology, and definitely want any new product that is released anywhere in the world.

I think we still hold the world's highest mobile phone per capita usage, for example.

I suppose it means that as a country we are what marketers probably term 'early adopters'.

(Although I'm not personally in that category - but the country as a whole seems to be)

I'm still shaking my head about Japan and Sth Korea though .... how fascinating!!!
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote