View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 02:23 PM   #65
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitalidon View Post
The only one question still not clear is what caused the password change the image from pastebin or the new firmware update. Unfortunately I did not try to SSH before applying the amazon update. It looks like the root password "fionaadc" is stored in the image itself. I opened it with WinImage and it is the same as the one in my kindle.
fionaadc would probably be hostar's diags root password. When I installed SSH in various diags images, I set the diags root pw to the mario DES hash. You can look in the main /etc/shadow, and copy the root hash into the diags /etc/shadow, to change the password hash to mario (like I did).

I have mentioned in various posts that any images posted for OTHER users should have a mario DES password hash. Locking an image to a specific serial number will just cause confusion. I do not post most of the images. I just add the provided URLs to the forensic images pastebin, so I can only make recommendations, not enforce them.

Glad you got it working. I added you to "the list".

Last edited by geekmaster; 06-29-2012 at 02:27 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote